GeoSciML - current version
The current release of GeoSciML is version 3 and comprises a package of 13 related modules. Each application schema module covers a particular domain of geoscience, such as geologic units, earth materials, geologic structures, or boreholes.
- GeoSciML application schema modules
- Version 3.0 - Overview documentation
- Version 3.0 - Enterprise Architect UML project file
- Version 3.1 - Summary of changes
- Version 3.1 - Enterprise Architect UML project file
- XML examples (coming soon)
- Web service cookbook (coming soon)
The current GeoSciML schemas are dependent on several ISO and OGC data standards, including GML v3.2, SWE Common v2, and Observations and Measurements v2.
Previous versions of GeoSciML
Prior to version 3, GeoSciML was packaged in 3 modules. XML schemas of these versions are dependent on WFS v1, GML v3.1. GeoSciML v2 is also dependent Observations and Measurements v1.0.
GeoSciML-Portrayal is a simple features, denormalised view of a small part of the GeoSciML model, including geologic units, contacts, faults and boreholes. It can be used to standardise the interaction (request/response formats) with layer-based Web Map Services (WMS) and simple features Web Feature Services (WFS).
The current version (released February 2013) is version 2.0
Last updated: 22 February 2013